WEDDING DAY PREPARATIONS – TIPS FROM YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Wedding preparation ideas from your wedding photographer
It’s no surprise, your wedding day will fly by so quickly and in the blink of an eye it will have gone by.
That is why I think couples should enjoy their day to the fullest!!!
There are some tips that I have found over the years that are great to keep in mind before the day.
Before the day….
Having some extra time before the ceremony allows me to capture detail shots of what mean most to you.
I recommend getting a playlist that sets the mood and lets you relax before the ceremony.
Getting a box together before the day of the wedding can make it so easy for things to flow on the day.
Things to include in the bridal box:
– All the wedding rings (and maybe a ring box)
-wedding invitation suite, stamps & vow books- family
-wedding day jewellery / accessories
– elements from your day (extra Florals)
– wedding shoes
-ribbons with colours from your colour scheme
the list goes on!
Grooms details box:
-bow tie or tie (if it’s part of the outfit)
The list goes on!
On the day…
1. Have the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses on display.
2. Make sure the space that you will be getting ready at has plenty of light and that is relatively tidy.
3. It’s super important that you remember to eat before your ceremony.
4. Take bouquets out of the water and make sure they are dry.
5. Speak to your hair and makeup team about how much time they need (can be done before the day).
6. Groom to leave last prep (jacket, watch, shoes, cufflinks) to be captured by the photographer.
7. Remember to take off any bobbles from your wrists.
8. Delegate tasks to your bridesmaids/groomsmen or a family member
THINGS TO REMEMBER…
STOP PLANNING AND JUST ENJOY YOURSELF
Now this is the time for you to STOP PLANNING and just enjoy yourself. Delegate responsibility to someone you trust or your wedding planner to help you.
REMEMBER TO SPEND TIME WITH EACH OTHER
These are some of the most important moments you will cherish from your wedding day. Think about stealing a little time together after the ceremony in a private area or room while your guests grab a drink or sneak off after the wedding breakfast and speeches to take a walk in the grounds.
A few minutes together to chat will make all the difference.
THIS DAY IS ALL ABOUT CELEBRATING YOUR LOVE
Remember that the day is all about the two of you and your love for each other. Nothing else. Sometimes, there might be a little hiccup but I promise you, no one notices. All they want is to see you happy.”